Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Veteran's Creed


flags of all branches
I am a United States military veteran.

I mastered the weapons, tools, and techniques of war and security and I make no apology for this proficiency.

I became a leader by my willingness to both serve and subordinate myself -- to my superiors, the mission, and the needs of my team.


Foremost among first responders, I earned the ribbons of a volunteer, endeavorer, defender, warrior, rescuer, problem-solver, and model citizen.

I am the visible conscience of a nation with regard to the costs of war and freedom's true price.

I do not fail to support another vet who crosses my path with any need, large or small; he or she may have wounds or hardships that few others would understand.

I am part of the eternal flame of memory, of my brother and sister veterans who died in service to our country.

Honor, courage, and commitment define me to this day. I maintain my readiness, health, and fitness in order to serve again, should my community or nation call.

In all of the remaining moments of my life, I will be a steadfast guardian of American ideals, freedoms, and history.  


I am a one-percenter of the noblest order. I am ... an American veteran.


--

2 comments:

  1. Is this you, Veteran? or does the creed remind you of someone you know, perhaps a hero in your own life? If so, please +1 this post ... share it or tweet it ... or leave a comment that encourages one of our own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen, I look forward to reading your posts

    ReplyDelete